Dark Voltage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Voltage

The Alpha Clan

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Strongest type in the Meta?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TexasToast

TexasToast

Strongest type in the Meta? Empty
PostSubject: Strongest type in the Meta?   Strongest type in the Meta? EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 7:49 pm

I think this could be an interesting analytic debate.

Everyone knows that each type has weaknesses, checks, balances etc. But there's always a "that one thing that's just too good". For example; the normal type is only resisted by two other types but has some of the highest base power moves in the game. Steel has some pretty ridiculous defensive types that can hit almost equally as hard as the type they represent.

So there are clearly arguments for each type but hey let's have some fun with this!

I think Steel typed pokemon are the strongest in the current metagame with pokedudes like Excadrill, Ferrothorn, Skarmory and Jirachi alot of people have issues with how hard they can be to kill and how effectively they can do their jobs. In fact it is arguable that the vast majority of teams will have a steel type tank/wall or sweeper on their team for these reasons. Does anyone contest?
Back to top Go down
StarKirby1

StarKirby1

PostSubject: Re: Strongest type in the Meta?   Strongest type in the Meta? EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 3:24 pm

TexasToast wrote:
In fact it is arguable that the vast majority of teams will have a steel type tank/wall or sweeper on their team for these reasons. Does anyone contest?
i protest, almost everyteam has a dragon, and from the look of it....Dragons are OP, i mean how many steels are in uber? now how many Dragons? Every team uses one dragon or atleast trys to compinsate with a dragon move. Dragons are the best, Don't get me wrong steel are good, but when you look at the numbers, Dragons win by a landslide.
Back to top Go down
TexasToast

TexasToast

PostSubject: Re: Strongest type in the Meta?   Strongest type in the Meta? EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 8:41 pm

As steel is the only type resistant to dragon attacks I find it hard to believe dragons are anything but walled by the vast majority viable steel types.
SkarmBliss was so good because of a steel type complementing Blissey. Excadrill and Scizor are two of the most devastating sweepers in the game. Ferrothorn pisses everyone off on its own let alone when combined with a scarfed heatran. Dragons are almost all all out and the ones that aren't need to be set up for any part of them to work out. Without choice haxorous is too squishy to set up, without lumberry the rest are shut down by status. Dragons are good, but not the best especially since all but dialga and palkia die to ice shard which is basically unstoppable since it is a priority move.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strongest type in the Meta?   Strongest type in the Meta? Empty

Back to top Go down

Strongest type in the Meta?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dark Voltage :: Forum Talk :: Pokemon Analysis-
Jump to: